Friday, April 6, 2007

Hello and welcome

I've shifted from msn.spaces to blogger as this has more functionality with mobile and email blogging. I intend to make the most of my new Nokia E65 and do a bit of mobile blogging. It's gonna hurt my wallet, but I figure since pictures are worth thousands of words, this might be worth the 'postage' to let you guys know what's going on in my life and my head.

I'm having a little bit of difficulty adjusting to working in a corporate environment so there will be my frustrations vented here. I'll try not to make it too negative sounding - Singapore is very easy to live in and I've got a nice lifestyle outside of work. Just that work is not as cruisy any more. No more MSN, personal emailing, online photoalbum touching up, researching idle curiosities to make good dinner party conversation, etc. Not that I don't want to or can't do it subtly at work; but there just isn't the time to fit it all in amongst the infinite meetings, spreadsheets I'm analysing till I go blind.

I'm sure I'll get used to it and sail through - Leon has taught me well with coping with work stress. Perhaps I don't have quite the attitude that corporate giants require from their staff, e.g. loyalty and dedication. But I took this job to give me security, good standard of living and defined work hours (more or less); leaving behind the academic culture of Life is Work (if you want to be a professor).

So, hopefully the blogs will be more frequent, albeit rather snappy and brief due to the nature of txt msg posting. I hope to intersperse with longer musings when time permits, but hopefully the pictures help.

No comments: